Date(s) - 04/10/2018
9:30 am - 4:15 pm
Noticed what a significant and challenging role you have taken on? SchoolsComputing will support you – someone new to the role or who would like a refresher – in effective subject leadership.
What will it include?
- exploring the different elements of computing
- subject leader responsibilities such as auditing, policies and planning computing strategy
- well-being (or what is not your responsibility!)
- the latest Online Safety from KCSiE 2018, and support for teaching Digital Literacy
- computing across the curriculum and discussion on effective deployment of resources
- practical workshops on Computer Science in the primary phase including Early Years
- delegates will also get access to an online resources area with many more links and resources to support their role in the coming months.
- networking, prizes and fun.
Who should attend: New and existing Computing subject leaders in primary phase schools and academies, including Special schools with primary phase children.
“The course was very successful, really clarified what the subject leader role was for me.”… “It was really enjoyable”… “Gave me a much greater understanding of what my role as computing lead is” … A very useful, informative and practical session” … It has given me lots of ideas to take back to school to ensure progression in Computing across the year groups” … “Covered a broad range of topics in the day, with signposts for follow up. A really useful day”
Comments from previous course
All refreshments and lunch included. Please notify any specific food requirements in the comments box when booking. Refreshments from 9am course starts 9.30am.
Parking is in Okehampton Street Car Parks ( 2 and 3 minutes walk) Car Park Tickets (up to £3) will be refunded in cash at the course on production of a receipt (from the machine)
Please bring along a wifi enabled, fully charged internet device (laptop) able to connect to an external network.
Special Note: Delegates will be offered a 1 hr follow up visit or Skype call after the event to follow up course actions.
Bookings are closed for this event.